Tactical pants are great. While they may not leave a major fashion statement, they do their job right. They’re super comfortable, but they won’t tear apart or get damaged easily. Also, they have a lot of space. Multiple pockets, extra protection, your tactical pants can be your best friend in your field of work.
For people in certain professions, tactical pants are an absolute necessity. From mountaineers to plumbers, policemen to firefighters; everyone needs good tactical pants to help with their work. With multiple big pockets, comfortable fabric, and protection in the knees. These are the major considerable factors in buying the best tactical pants for yourself.
There are a lot of products in the market and not all of them are good quality, in this article we’ve reviewed the best tactical pants out there, for your ease.
TOP 12 BEST TACTICAL PANTS COMPARISON CHART
Types of Tactical Pants
You will find different types of tactical pants in the market but the choice is absolutely yours which one you pick. Here are some types of tactical pants presented-
Overt tactical pants are the classic military tactical pant. The thing that amuses you most is its oversized pockets.
Law enforcement agents are the users of this type of tactical pants. Most of the time, these tactical pants come with hidden pockets or smaller pockets.
EMS AND EMT PANTS
These are for ambulance workers and fire-fighters. These are featured with specialized pockets and compartments to carry emergency medical kits and other tools related to fire-service.
Benefits of Tactical Pants
What if you have extra pockets to keep a range of different items in your pants? Good quality cargo pants are featured with extra pockets that accommodate your knives or spare magazines.
Want to know about its durability, Right? Okk! These pants are for rough and tough usages so you might expect its durability.
The first thing is that it is extra stitching around the knee and crotch area prevents tearing
Secondly, Used materials like Teflon set a battle to fight against water and dirt
There are a lot of manufacturers on the market waiting for you to purchase their different types of tactical pants made with different types of materials, colors, sizes, etc.
Besides, They can be used in any environment and for a number of purposes as well.
Classic Cargo Tactical Pants VS Low-profile Tactical Pants
There are two styles of Tactical Pants in the market: Classic cargo style and a low-profile style.
Classic Cargo Tactical Pants
Classic Cargo Tactical pants or Cargo trousers are used for Military purposes. Moreover, these are cut loosely and designed for rough & tough, outdoor activities.
Cargo pants are popular in the urban area as they have a number of pockets for carrying the necessary kinds of stuff during day trips on foot.
The main material of Cargo pants is hard-wearing fabric and they are ruggedly stitched. Moreover, quick-drying synthetic or cotton-synthetic blends are materials used in cargo pants. In addition, These often feature oversized belt loops to accommodate wide webbing belts. The charismatic design of these pants allows bending at the knee and hip.
Besides, these pants are sewn with felled seams that make them strong and durable.
Low Profile Tactical Pants
Like classic cargo tactical pants, Low profile Tactical Pants have a number of pockets for carrying necessary kits and papers.
These are specially designed for everyday wear for a range of professions from the military, law enforcement officers, and firefighters
The only minus side of low profile tactical pants is that they are not compatible with a rough and tough environment.
Top Tactical Pants Brands
There are available brands for Tactical Pants in the market. We are presenting some best-sold brands for you. Let’s shoot-
* 5.11 TACTICAL
5.11 Tactical started its business journey as a clothing line in California state-based in Irvine founded by a mountain climber named Royal Robbins.
During climbing in Yosemite California, He found that the trousers that he was wearing were not fit for climbing thus he decided to create his own brand.
In 1968, He started to manufacture the pants under the brand name of “5.11”. Since then It has become popular among the law enforcement professionals and military personnel from every corner of the world. Its best stylish tactical pant is 5.11 Tactical Men’s Stryke Operator Uniform Pants
* MARS GEAR
Mars Gear is an online retail platform that deals in tactical clothes and gear. Moreover, they work with many renowned brands like Kershaw, Magpul, and Gryffon.
Propper founded in 1967, has become popular and one of the largest Tactical pant suppliers to the U.S. military.
Some common products including tactical pants, boots, bags, body armor, and more come from its brand.
Tactical Pants Pricing
* $10 to $30: Normal Tactical pants are available under this price range. The material used in this pant is basic cotton fabric. It won’t be durable for sure.
* $30 to $60: You will find more durable and stylish tactical pants under this budget. The used materials are cotton, ripstop, or twill.
* $60 and up The best tactical pants are available under this price range. The used material is Teflon that gives you a comfortable fit.
Top 12 BEST TACTICAL PANTS REVIEWED
After accomplishing extensive research on various tactical pants, we’ve selected 12 tactical pants regarding quality, stability, comfort as well as price. Hence you don’t have to worry much about it. To buy tactical pants, go through our expert’s review.
So, shall we engage the first product?
1.5.11 Tactical Men’s Stryke Operator(Editors’ Choice)
5.11 believes that a proper dress sets the mood for all.the hard work. Their products have always been targeted towards people who required a lot of tactical help. Delivering high-quality products, still relatively cheaper than competitors.
Made with stretch fabric and Teflon, this is extremely durable, soil, and stain proof. The pant has 12 pockets, all of which are placed strategically and the self-setting waistband means you can omit a waistband if you need to.
Moreover, you could level up your outdoor performance with these tactical pants. Also, It features durability and strength that help you to adapt in a rough and tough environment.
If you go for the field duty or on the road for an extreme adventure, be ready to conquer new challenges with high-performance gear from 5.11 Tactical.
- Made of 65% polyester and 35% Teflon stretch fabric
- 12 pockets of different sizes
- Self-adjusting waistband
- Articulated knee protection
- High quality fabric, stitching and adjustments
- Self adjusting waistband to prevent the use of a belt unless necessary
- Articular knees to ensure protection
- Comfortable and protective fabric
- Soil and stain proof
- Bad stitch around the crotch
- Fabric causes lint very easily
Although this is one of the best tactical pants you’ll find out there, there’s a small caveat. The finishing at the crotch area is a bit flimsy and might get damaged soon. However, most reviewers have been very enthusiastic about it so it’s a good buy.
2. Survival Tactical Gear Men’s Airsoft Wargame Tactical Pants with Knee Protection
A survival gear that can look like it’s out of a fashion ramp, Survival Tactical Gear made one of the coolest products out there.
High-end Ripstop fabric that holds itself well, prevents dust and stain from accumulating. Also, very easy to clean.
16 pockets spread meticulously from legs, sides of the waist, and back. The pockets are of different sizes for holding wallet, knives, tactical stuff, etc
Also, there’s a mesh type fabric around the knees and groin which can be opened to release heat if things get too warm.
- Ripstop fabric built
- 16 pockets in legs, waist and back
- Mesh fabric at groin and knee
- Air circulation system
- Double belt loops
- Addition knee protection
- Ripstop fabric that prevents any stain
- 16 meticulously placed pockets of different sizes that help keep things in place
- Mesh fabric at groin and knee that can be opened for air circulation
- Double belt loops if you need to wear a belt for work
- Stretchable waistbands so that the belt isn’t necessary always
- Sizes are inadequate
- Seams aren’t perfect
Very good Tactical pants without question. While you might struggle to find a size among the five, that suits you, be very careful that you don’t buy the wrong size.
3.5.11 Tactical Men’s Taclite Pro Work Pants
Few things in life are as reliable a kis a 5.11 tactical men’s cargo pants. While it might not leave a message fashion statement, it does its job absolutely perfectly.
A 6.5-ounce polyester and cotton mixed cloth which is comfortable to wear and stain proof. With a stretch waistband and a D-ring to go with it, the pant features 8 pockets, multiple slaps, and slashes to fit as much as it can, but in a proper manner. With YKK Zippers and high-quality stitching, this is definitely one of the best tactical pants out there.
- Poly cotton fabric
- 8 tactical pockets
- Stretch waistband with a D-ring
- YKK zippers and prym snaps
- Double belt loop
- Perfect mix of polyester and cotton for maximum comfort
- Teflon coating to prevent stain
- High quality stitching
- 8 tactical pockets
- Good quality zipper and snaps
- Has less pockets compared to competitors
- No knee protection
It is a very comfortable tactical pant undoubtedly. Moreover, It is a wonderful presentation from 5.11 tactical pants. Besides, It is a perfect choice for climbers.
This is one of the best looking tactical pants out there. Multiple styles made from multiple cloth types, to make sure it fits into your fashion schedule without any hassle.
It comes in three styles, a polycotton ripstop, a nylon cotton, and a denim one.
The pant contains a total of 12 pockets, with two hidden pockets that can hold batons and mags if you’re in law enforcement. However, they’re placed in such a manner, that they don’t cause discomfort.
Among the 12 pockets, some of them are cargo, two are Velcro attached and the rest are strategically placed with chains as cover. The chains are from YKK and high end.
- Available in 3 separate fabric types
- 12 pockets of different sizes
- Stretchable waistbands
- Padding for knees
- Belt loops for 50mm wide belts
- Separate fabric for distinct styles
- Comes with 12 pockets
- Pockets at the front, back, hidden pockets as well as Velcro covered pockets
- 2 way elastic fabric
- Not extremely durable
- Slightly overpriced
- Legs are too baggy
Multiple colors, fabric types, etc. can definitely create a fashion statement. However, the design in itself is pretty disappointing and a classic baggy fit which most people don’t like. Otherwise, it’s a good buy without a doubt.
Made by LA police gear, this is one of the best tactical pants out there. It’s a very good fit and with a high-quality finish that looks extremely well when worn.
Made of ripstop polycotton, this one’s a great blend of polyester and cotton that looks amazing when worn. Available in multiple colors, this one surely is an eye-catcher.
With 5 belt loops and a stretchable waist, it gives you the choice of both wearing and not wearing a belt. While the belt loops support a 2-inch belt, which is the average size for most holsters belts or police belts.
- 65% polyester and 35% cotton ripstop built
- Teflon coating
- Knee pockets
- Multiple pockets in different places
- Stretchable waist
- 2 inch belt space
- Ripstop polycotton made fabric that’s both comfortable and long lasting
- Stretchable waist to prevent wearing a belt
- 2 inch belt space with 5 belt loops
- Multiple well made pockets
- Teflon coating to prevent stains
- Pockets don’t have Zippers
- No stretchable area near the crotch
This tactical pant has become popular over years. The high-quality material makes it the best stylish tactical pant.
As the name suggests, these Caterpillar water defender pants are made to keep the sweat away while prolonged periods of intensive work.
Manufactured by a mesh of imported cotton, polyester, and Elastane, making them able to withstand any form of wear and tear. On top of that, it has button closure, machine, and essential amenities.
- A cotton-polyester fabric optimal for prolonged water resistivity without sacrificing movement
- Reflective piping in both front and back knees
- Contains dual positioning contrast cardura oxford top loading knee pad pockets
- Extra durable scuff guards
- Contains gripper tape in waist bands to keep shirt in place
- Optimal fabric for heavy duty
Contains all necessary amenities such as pad pockets and gripper tape
- Available in a wide variety of sizes
- No knee pad adjuster
- Too sturdy at times
This is a great looking product which serves its purpose well. However, there are caveats and might not be too comfortable if you have a big thigh
Amongst the recreation pants that have been made these are water repellent ripstop cargo pants that are comfortable for hiking, working, and casual day out.
Created with Duratex congenial fabric, the product has been made available in all sizes and several different colors to one’s preference.
The fabric is resistant to dirt, fade, shrink, and wrinkle. Being built with military and law enforcement performance design, these pants are constructed with exclusive tactical belts which are sold separately
- Made of duratex congenial fabric
- Multiple pockets
- Metallic button and zipper
- Casual look
- Comfortable and heat resistant as it is built of polyester and cotton
- Has several cargo pocket for multipurpose use
- Long lasting zipper and button since it’s built with high strength and high density metal alloy.
- Can be used in any occasion for its durability and comfortability
- Fit/ true to size so sizes will differ according to measurements
- Returning isn’t free
This has been fostered with built-in features. It’s suitable for all seasons but sizes are very exclusive
These pants are made with inclusive design, being high waisted which lays through tall enough ending loosely at the bottom of the leg.
Available in a few selective colors, this pant holds 100% cotton in its fabric and has casual cargo pockets to go with. The wider part of the pant gives in more room of coziness
- To have a Relaxed fit
- 100% cotton made
- Sits below waist
- Belt included
- Zip fly with button closure
- Perfect for summer as it’s only made with cotton
- Washable by machine
- Button closure zips
- Available in different sizes
- It has belted waist so measurement alteration might be a factor
- Returning isn’t free
These pants are highly suited for casual occasions and are well built according to one’s comfortability needs.
These Helikon outdoor pants are surely one of a kind. Made out of a 4-way elastic fabric with DuPont Teflon Coating, these pants are sure to supersede any expectations you’ve set for them.
These come only in multiple colors but also allows the customer the fabric he would like; giving the customer complete authority to customize it and truly make it yours.
- 93% Nylon and 7% Spandex with DuPont Teflon coating
- Fabrics Available: VersaStetch and VersaStretch Lite
- The 4-way elasticity of the fabric allows a sleek, slim look without sacrificing range of motion and unnecessary stress on seams
- The fabric is made of a lightweight moisture wicking polymer which allows the fabric to stay breathable and not become clammy during prolonged physically straining activities.
- Multiple high wear regions have been reinforced
- Allows the use of low profile protection pads while keeping a low profile look
- The design is patented
- 4-way elastic cloth
- Has zipper enclosures
- Multiple pockets of various sizes
- Very customizable
- Low profile look while being functional
- Might be too skinny for some people
- Waterproof only to a certain extent
This is one of the best tactical pants out there. Both in terms of utility and style. However, they might be too tight for some people.
Next up on the list is the Tactical pants from ZAPT. Unlike a lot of other pants here, these definitely look like they’re made for protection. The knee pads, the camo designs, and the army fit will definitely make you look the part.
Made of high-quality fabric, the product contains 12 very well placed pockets of different sizes. From oversized thigh pockets to Velcro covered pockets at the back, your pants can fit almost everything you’d need.
There is also a special Velcro waist adjustment system so that you can have a comfortable fit without having to wear a belt.
- Available in multiple colors and designs
- Built-in knee pads and pockets to control knee pads position
- Velcro adjustable waist
- Gusseted stitch around the crotch
- Multiple designs
- Built in knee pads
- Control button for the knee pads
- 12 pockets of different types in multiple places
- Velcro adjustable belt for proper fit without a belt
- High end stitching
- Detachable knee pads
- Knee Pads are difficult to insert
- Returning isn’t free
This one has a lot of good features, from added knee pads to extra stitching in places that might tear. However, the sizes are pretty much all over the place so do your research before making a purchase.
This is a more modern take on the classic tactical pants aspect. They took on the classic design and changed it into a fashionable, business casual pair of pants that can leave a fashion statement as well.
Made from 100% polyester with under armor’s own technology that repels water and prevents any sort of stain from forming.
The ultra-durable ripstop fabric has antimicrobial capabilities to prevent odor.
- Polyester build
- Casual design
- Offset belt loops
- Brings a more refined, casual look contrary to popular tactical pants
- Comfortable and durable
- Antimicrobial properties to prevent odor
- Ripstop finish to avoid stain
- No watch pocket
- Contains very less pockets compared to other tactical pants
Although calling this your average tactical pants might be a bit controversial.
If you’re not a fan of polyester made tactical pants, this might just be what you’re looking for. The vertex men’s original Tactical pants are made of 98% cotton. So, comfort is a guarantee.
Unlike most other tactical pants, this doesn’t have very bold pockets. Rather, the pockets are made in a way that they conceal the standard cargo look while relying on more subtle designs without losing the utility.
- 98% of cotton made
- Low profile cargo pockets
- Concealed zipper pocket
- Gusseted crotch
- Spacious back pockets
- Made completely out of cotton to ensure maximum comfort
- Low profile pockets to add a more casual look
- Multiple well pockets in the right places to ensure maximum utility
- Gusseted crotch for maximum comfort
- Inadequate number of pockets
- Extremely baggy in size
While the product claims to bring a more casual look, the size itself is pretty baggy for your liking. However, if you like baggy clothes, this is definitely a way to go.
TACTICAL PANTS BUYER’S GUIDE
Before deciding to buy the best tactical pant, you need to take some factors into your considerations so that you won’t lose the game. Some factors are given below-
Who doesn’t want a tactical pant that lasts for a long time? I am sure you won’t find anyone who doesn’t like a durable tactical pant. Before buying your tactical pant, be sure whether your pant is made of good material that lasts for a long time.
As you know that the tactical pants are designed for rough and tough usages. Therefore, you need to be clear with the fact that your tactical pant won’t succumb to the bad weather.
What if your budget is lower than the price of your chosen tactical pant? You definitely bother to purchase the product. So, Fix your budget first, then try to pick products that match your budget. If your budget is low, then sacrifice some features or if you want to get a trendy product then sacrifice the price.
Be sure that your tactical pant is lightweight. The lightweight material is always handy to carry. Weighty stuff is always a burden so try to pick a lightweight and handy tactical pant.
A best tactical pant has a number of pockets for carrying gadgets, magazines, torches, and some emergency kits.
Choosing the right material for the tactical pant is a very tough task indeed. Heavier fabrics perform great during colder temperatures, on the other hand, lightweight fabrics do well in warmer weather.
Besides, Ripstop and twill are durable and strong material and Treated fabrics are good for outdoor
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ):
1. Are Tactical pants water-resistant?
Answer: A billion-dollar question nowadays online. Tactical pants aren’t water-resistant. Remember one thing that it is not a kind of swimsuit rather it is simply a pant. However, some exceptional tactical pants can repel water during rain. Moreover, some tactical pants can resist oil spills and heavy downpours. But the main fact is that the absorption ability is much higher than the normal pant. If you are wet with your pants, they will dry faster than normal pants would.
2. Are Tactical pants comfortable for hot summer weather?
Answer: Tactical pants are made of two different fabrics. One is heavier and the other is lighter. Heavier fabrics perform great during colder temperatures, on the other hand, lightweight fabrics do well in warmer weather. So, If you choose the lighter fabrics made tactical pants, they will give you comfort during mature summer weather.
3. Is Tactical Pants Ideal for hunting?
Answer: Yes, They are. Tactical pants are highly durable and quite comfortable designed for outdoors. Hunting is an outdoor activity and a tough task indeed. So, Tactical pants are the ideal choice for hunting though it isn’t waterproof.
4. Does the material of Tactical pants fade after couple washes?
Answer: Not so far. Even after many washes, they will still look great and original. However, Some low-quality tactical pants’ materials fade only to a very minor extent. And the fade does not worsen much over time, compared to other brands. Great longevity.
5. Are Tactical pants and cargo pants the same?
Answer: No. A critical difference between the two is the type of material used. Cargo pants are made from cotton while Tactical pants are made with more durable materials such as ripstop cotton and polyester and twill as well. However, Both pants are designed with a loose, comfortable fit and lots of pockets.
6. How heavy is the fabric on Tactical pants?
Answer: The weight of the fabric used for tactical pants can vary. There are two types of fabrics: lightweight and original weight. Lightweight pants typically vary from 6 to 6.5 Ibs while Original weight pants typically vary from 7 to 9 Ibs. If you go outdoors and adventure, we suggest you collect a lightweight one. On the other hand, If you go for a tour on the foot in the urban area, you better take the original weight one.
7. Is Tactical price affordable?
Answer: They are not pricy at all. For the best quality tactical pants, They cost $60 or slightly up while for the low-quality tactical pants, the price would be $10 to $30.
Tactical pants are very useful in certain fields of work. However, not every product is worth the money and counterfeits are always there.
Well, there you go; we have brought you a list of the best Tactical Pants. You can choose whichever suits your needs and budget.
Some of them are great for outdoors, and some are great for law enforcement agents. Among all of them, the “5.11 Tactical Men’s Stryke Operator Uniform Pants” has the best considering all factors.
And if you are fancy using the best stylish tactical pant, then Helikon-Tex Urban Line, UTP Urban Tactical Pants is the top choice for mechanical broadheads.
Regardless of these, all of the listed ones are quite good in quality and show the good performancein respective fields. So, it is up to your preferences. Choose any of them, and tell us which one you choose. Don’t forget to share your experience regarding the product by commenting below.